Re: SPU Ochroleuca

Hi Loic,

Bob Pries book complied for the Spuria Section of AIS lists 13 registered cultivars of Iris orientalis and Ochroleuca Gigantea is one of them.

Ochroleuca Gigantea (Barr, R 1926) Light yellow bitone.  Berry (listed).  Figured in Revue Horticole, 1875, "Has larger and finer flowers than the ordinary form, but differs in no other way: - The Garden, 1890

The other cultivars are listed as: white self, light chartreuse yellow signal (Objet D'art); light yellow bitone (Ochraurea); white feathered yellow (Ochroleuca Double); light yellow self (O. Ephesus); white self (O. Innocence); light yellow bitone (O. Queen Victoria); yellow (O. Reflex); white self (O. Snowflake); light yellow self (O. Sulphurea);  and white (O. Warel).  THose listed without colors are: "Canari"; "Copa D'ora"; "Ochrodeucha Warei"; "Rocky Mountain Park"; and "Yellow Crest".

Only Objet D'art has a pitcture.  Wish all did.

This book "The Illutrated CHeckist of Spuria Irises" Complied by Robert Pries for the Spuria Society a Section of the American Iris Society 2005 is a fascinating book.    It is so well done and has hundreds of photos to help in identification.

Jan in Chatsworth

loic tasquier <tasquierloic@cs.com> wrote:
Jan,

it was sold to me by WWW.bourdillon.com

it is labeled OCHROLEUCA Orientalis-var-gigantea

I thought it looked different from the Ochroleuca i had found on internet

Maybe it is a very special one

I find it gorgeous!

Loïc