Arilbreds in very cold climates

  • Subject: Arilbreds in very cold climates
  • From: "Ellen Gallagher" <e_galla@ncia.net>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:57:05 -0400

Quarterbreds do well in my climate  in the mountains of New Hampshire. Moisture and humidity are the problems that I have

to be vigilant about….I have my Arilbreds planted in a highly-raised sandy bed no the severe cold. I think that the designation (OGB) without any - or + signs means it is a 1/2 bred I am trying some 1/2 breds this year... I have attached two photos I took

 this year in my garden of ‘Omar’s Gold’ and ‘Persian Sapphire’.

Ellen Gallagher. Berlin, NH (USDA Zone 3)

Ann Conway <amconway@telusplanet.net> wrote:

Very nice! Congrats! Are these hardy in the -25 range to -30 range?

Ann