Re: Re Re: Arilbreds in very cold climates

  • Subject: Re: Re Re: Arilbreds in very cold climates
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:30:23 EDT

El,

    I'm not sure what you mean by a nursery bed (in a greenhouse?), but whatever works for you in a cold climate to get your arilbreds to bloom is what you should continue doing.  What a raised bed does is give the arilbreds and pure arils good drainage, as in my climate they don't like their roots wallowing in winter water.  I even grow some SDBs and TBs in raised beds.  I think your lack of success with blooms on the ABs in the past may have been due to the fact that you had them planted in sand, and I'm not sure they received the proper nutrients in such a condition.

Elm

See what's free at AOL.com.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity