Re: HYB: Striped Standards

  • Subject: Re: HYB: Striped Standards
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:29:51 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Griff, Mike and Linda!
I think it conforms pretty well to MTB requirements
although I haven't done any measuring. The height
seems about right and the flowers are on the small
side too. It's still competing with all of its
siblings so I'm not sure what dimesions it'll have
when given the proper room to stretch out. I do think
that it seems to have just as much vigor as its papa
(CLOWN PANTS)! And as far as rebloom goes, I'm not
expecting it, since none of that batch of seedlings
has done that (yet). But actually, the reason I had
done that cross was in hope of rebloom. KEIRITH, the
pod parent, is supposed to rebloom somewhere. So never
say never.
Thanks again for your interest guys!
Take care, Tom

J. Griffin Crump wrote:
Glad you're planning to introduce it, Tom. It is
really unique. -- Griff
mike theissen wrote:
Tom, Does it fit all MTB size requirments and how is
the bud count? It looks good to me from your picture.
I would add it to my collection. Mike in Missouri
Linda Mann wrote:
Me too. Given how well CLOWN PANTS has done here,
let's hope it's
another one just as strong! I would buy it.

Have you had it long enough to know if it has any
repeat bloom
tendencies, like CP? Or can you guess, based on
relatives?