Out Of Blue

  • Subject: Out Of Blue
  • From: "Linda Hunt" <nakihee@gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 08:37:47 -0500

Does anyone grow Out Of Blue?  This is a Niswonger 03 iris according to the AIS listing.  One of our society members brought a pic of an iris that she bought called Out Of Blue that looks to be white from the pic.  She said if there is any blue in it, it must be a ground color that isn't visible unless you hold it to another white for comparison.  If anyone has a pic, it would be greatly appreciated.  I can print it off and send it to her to help make a comparison.  From the hybridizer description, I get the feeling that the blue should be apparent at least in the style arms.  Thanks for any help you have!  I don't find a web site for Cape Iris, so I couldn't check there either.

(O. D. Niswonger, R. 2003) Sdlg. 21-01. TB, 38" (97 cm), ML
S. white, base blue; style arms light blue; F. white, base blue; beards white. Sib to Unclouded Sky. Cape Iris 2003

Have a great day all
Linda in Lascassas