Re: HYB: LT Win08-0

  • Subject: Re: HYB: LT Win08-0
  • From: "John Bruce" <jbruce1@cinci.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:34:01 -0400

The pots were mostly from the 1999, 2000 and 2001 hybridizing seasons. I dumped them in an area that just needed some
fill that was never intended to grow anything. These were all pots that had either had the sprouted seedlings removed from
or (mostly) those that had never germinated after 2-3 seasons. I ended up with about 30 volunteers in 2005, and left them to their
own. They have bloomed the last 2 years.  A quick glance at the studbook shows several crosses with Witching and Electrique
both with each other and several dark irises such as Around Midnight, Before the Storm, and Gypsy Romance as well as
Mariah x Emperor's Delight
Edith Wolford x Early Light
Lurid x Old Black Magic
Capital City Jazz x Magic Man
Wild Card x Around Midnight
Horatio x Around Midnight
Gypsy Romance x Overnight Sensation
Magic Man x Before the Storm
Edge Of Winter x Magic Man
Early Light x Magic Man
Could very well have Magic Man in it...but it would only be speculation. I just rounded up a bunch of what I thought were spent seedling
pots and dumped them....where I would never plant an iris...in a very dry, shady all day location. Go figure.