TB Sterling Cloud

  • Subject: TB Sterling Cloud
  • From: mnhop2@comcast.net
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:33:30 +0000

I haven't seen this one posted much.. nor have I seen it very often
on lists or in other gardens...  Got this one a few years back from
Leota's Iris Garden as a freebie.  I was asked to see how it did in
Minnesota as they really didn't know what it would do.  Almost lost
it the first and second year.. but it has finally taken hold and had
good increases last year.  Nice group of it starting to bloom this
year.  Its tough to photograph and get the color right... very pale
hinting of blue in it and this year showing a hint of pale yellow as
well on the falls.  Very different in my garden.. strong stalks
compared to many here as well.  Been a windy year and so far no need
to stake.

Sterling Cloud (Rudkin '2004) E; Silvery white self;B. white at end,
tipped orange to orange in throat

Sheri in MN