CULT: grumbling about weather

  • Subject: CULT: grumbling about weather
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" <MryL1@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 23:22:44 -0500

Hi guys, I'm back!  First photo May 24.  Second, June 6 -lake across the road is
really a cornfield.
More rain in May than May through October last year.  More rain in June also.
Got hit by the edge of a tornado on May 30 (night before the local show) which
uprooted 4 35-year-old spruce trees and left half the neighbor's apple tree in front
of my garage door.  Blooms gone, tags gone, pods gone. Foliage looked like it was
blasted by buckshot and flattened.  Pods that escaped the wind are mostly
rotting off the stalks, but I should get some of the ones I wanted.
BTW, Linda - breeding for lucky ones seems to be working.  The tree being cut up
missed you PFIC1 by about a foot.
Glad to hear some of you getting rebloom.  Haven't seen anything coming here yet.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5