Re: MTB: Surprise late stalks on 'Cricket Song'

  • Subject: Re: MTB: Surprise late stalks on 'Cricket Song'
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

Just an update, there are now five stalks (two newest ones haven't opened their first bloom yet). The Iris rudskyi is almost done, but I got to use its pollen on 'Cricket Song' and it seems to be working - pods are swelling up.
I'd like to try to separate this small (no bigger than a soccer ball in diameter) clump to try to line it out for increase, but if it doesn't stop blooming how am I ever going to have the heart?!!! And I don't want to wait too late in the season and ruin any Fall rebloom that might still be on the way. Might just have to leave it alone until it's big enough that I can cut it in half, and just dig one half while leaving the other half alone.

Now I'll go back to dreaming (along with Betty and Loic) about someday having all summer bloom... :0)