HYB: Cricket Song

  • Subject: HYB: Cricket Song
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 03:40:28 -0700 (PDT)

I can't help going on about this seedling... 'Cricket Song' is STILL in bloom [second flush] here in Maryland. The first image shows stalk number six of the second flush just getting ready to open its first blooms. The second image shows the Corepsis 'Zagreb' starting to bloom in the background. Although this seedling has rebloomed in the Fall the past three years, it hasn't done this type of extended summer bloom before.
I'm especially enjoying these blooms because Iris rudskyi (which has always been my last bearded in bloom) has been done for a couple of weeks now. I've been using saved pollen of rudskyi on these second flush 'Cricket Song' blooms which looks to be working - note the fat pods in the first image.

image/pjpeg

image/pjpeg