TB: multigeneration rhizome

  • Subject: TB: multigeneration rhizome
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:29:44 -0400

There is occasional mention of discarding older parts of rhizome because
they are dead or going to rot anyway, so I thought I'd share this one.
Exception to the rule?

These are two rhizomes of HARVEST OF MEMORIES. Each has at least 4
(maybe 5 in the lower one) generations of rhizome, each section with
live roots and forming new pups.

These rhizomes came from a clump that is in too much shade to bloom well
- maybe if it blooms, the parent rhizome is more likely to die?
However, one of these did bloom this spring. How I was sure I was
digging the right place ;-)

Linda Mann

JPEG image