Chimera or Jumping Gene?
  • Subject: Chimera or Jumping Gene?
  • From: "El Hutchison" <eleanore@mts.net>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:52:14 -0500

I noticed this seedling had a yellow "streak" on it this year.  Never seen that in the 7 or so years it's been in my garden.  I don't know the parents, alas.
This happened with IB Swing School a few years back too, but in its regular colours.
I know in lilies this would be called a "jumping gene", but is there a phrase for it in iris terms?

JPEG image

JPEG image