Re: Unknown> not 'Afternoon in Rio'
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Unknown> not 'Afternoon in Rio'
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:09:21 -0700

Could it be "Gypsy Romance"? http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/35205/

~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
----- Original Message -----
From: Cordesview
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:09 PM
Subject: [iris-photos] Unknown> not 'Afternoon in Rio'

Hello all!

I was checking out my wife's seedlings about 3 weeks ago (from her family's home downstate), and saw this beauty over in my brother-in-law's garden. He said it was supposed to be a blue iris, but he was disappointed that it wasn't! I said, "That's better than a blue one! Look at the branching!!!"

So, I thought it might be 'Afternoon in Rio', but then I saw it in a garden near me and knew I wasn't right.

Any ideas? I know it has to be a newer intro. He got it from our club's plant sale!!

Ha!

Thanks!

Adam~

??