RE: 'Lecture'
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: RE: 'Lecture'
  • From: "Dana Brown" <ddbro@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:13:19 -0500

Brock,

            Lecture is normally darker and brighter here as well.  However, what you see is how it looked in Madison.  I would guess that one of the reasons we do tour gardens in all the different parts of the country is so we can see how the iris look in different places with different sun, water, soil, and amendments.  Some colors were much more vibrant and vivid in Madison and others seemed softer, more muted.  If we hadn’t seen photos earlier this month of the same iris in the same garden taken at different times of the day or on different days I might be more surprised, but we have seen the big differences something as simple as taking a picture in morning shade vs. afternoon sun can make.

            Glad you are enjoying the pictures.  There are more to come as time allows.

Dana

Dana D. Brown
AIS, ASI, MIS, RIS, SPIS, TBIS
Malevil Iris Gardens & Kennels