Re: More Madison photos - Capitol Debut
  • Subject: Re: More Madison photos - Capitol Debut
  • From: Caroline Nave <carsnave@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:01:53 -0700 (PDT)

We deadhead in our own gardens and at the Memphis Botanic Garden, but when it is for conventions or other gardens in which iris are being evaluated, we leave spent blooms because bud count is a major criteria for judging an iris and the only way to determine if there are enough buds is to leave the past blossoms on the stalk.