Re: TB: Designer Gown?

From: John I Jones <jijones@ix.netcom.com>

JEM300@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I believe this iris is Designer Gown. If anyone grows it, take a good look at
> photo and let me know if you agree.

Looks close to my picture, though the lavender infusion in the standards on my
picture is not as intense which could be growing conditions, but trying to
compare fine distincetins of colors using two uncalibrated computer monitors
is an absolute waste of time.

However structural characteristics the picotee and edging on the standards
matches well, so if you have some other reason (like "I know I bought it and
it is over there somewhere") to believe it is DG, I think you are correct.

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at:

President, Westbay Iris Society