Re: Yahoo Bouncing

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Yahoo Bouncing
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 07:58:25 -0700

I've had lots of problems with this sort of thing with Yahoo in the past,
but not so far with an Iris group, and not lately.  Usually the problem is
cleared up fairly quickly and all goes back to normal.  However, one might
have to send in a message to Yahoo to get things started up again.

My latest problem was about a month ago when I received messages to the
effect that I was not a Yahoo member and I need to sign up or check my
registration (but my registration at the Yahoo Groups site showed as normal
and correct); my messages wouldn't go in at all.  I've had lots of other
problems, but the most common was that I was just shut off for one reason
or another.  In most cases so far the solution for me was a note to Yahoo.

It has been suggested that abolishing the archives is the solution, but
that is scary to me, as I think the archives are one of the most useful and
important parts of a list.