Re: Oh well-one last attempt

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Oh well-one last attempt
  • From: Margie Valenzuela IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:55:25 -0700

Hi Rose,
Nice clear photo!   And the daffodils are definitely hinting at Spring.  For first trys - I'd say you are a fast learner.
The dimension size of the photo is fine for me.  I love that size. However the "file" size is still quite large for those who are on dial-up computers. At 185/186 KB's it would take them awhile to open the photo. If you can get the file size down to at least 60 KB's (by compressing it or using an optimizer (or both)) then the photos you send would be quicker for those users to view.
Those "options" on my program (Paint shop Pro) are available when I am resizing or resaving - - under "save as".  Then I look for the "options" button. Other programs (again under "save as") may read "set compression size"; or may use numbers (that come up automatically when one "saves as") like "Medium 7" then go to "Low 4". Still other programs (under "Save as") may list it as "quality" - simply reduce the quality.  In effect it does reduce the quality -but for web use one hardly notices the difference.
I looking forward to many more wonderful photos by you.  It's fun learning with a new toy isn't it?  I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I do.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9