Re: More PCHs

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] More PCHs
  • From: "Francesca R. Thoolen" irisgirl@attbi.com
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 07:24:51 -0800

Sandra, I do not know where you are located. In California, in my area, S.F.
Bay Area, I plant them in full sun, in Orinda. I also have them in morning
sun and afternoon shade in the warmer microclimates in my garden. When the
season warms up the automatic sprinklers go on early in the am (6:00 am) and
they get watered every other day 1/2 hr and no losses from rot except one or
two and they occurred within a few weeks from planting which means there may
have been other reasons for that rot. In very hot regions I would plant them
definitely at the shady side of a rock where the roots remain cool. They
like good drainage. The PCs do not like hot and wet together, remember that
always. Otherwise they are pussy cats. I know nothing about the eastern
climes to advise you. There are people from those areas who grow them but it
would be better to contact them directly. Good luck.

Francesca
irisgirl@attbi.com