Re: CULT: Squirrel Damage

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT: Squirrel Damage
  • From: irises@senet.com.au
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 13:01:16 +101800

Quoting Mike Greenfield <redear@infinet.com>:

Hi Mike

I hate to say this, but having seen my first sqirrels, last Sunday I thought
they were cute, but they were safely on the Boston Common.
However I do swear at the beautiful Aust cockatoos and galahs when they eat my
irises and daylilies.

Colleen Modra
Enjoying a Boston Spring, a change from Aust

> For those that think those little monsters do not eat iris.  I went out this
> morning and caught one in the act. I even had camera in hand but was so mad I
> didn't think to take a picture. It was sitting up eating a rhizome holding it
> its paws. It had cut or ate all the new roots and was working on the
> rhizome.
> Picture is of one that I found with a lot of damage. They are so over
> populated in tow there is not enough food so they will eat about anything.
> I know of people on one side of town live trap them and release them in a
> park on the other side of town. The people on the other side trap them and
> bring them back to a park on that side. Wondering if the squirrels enjoy the
> many trips.
> Mike Greenfield
> SW Ohio Zone 5b

This mail sent through SE Net Webmail