Re: Spring has sprung?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Spring has sprung?
  • From: "Robert Dickow" dickow@uidaho.edu
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:10:36 -0800

I put these about 5-6 inches deep. The bulbs aren't really very big, so that
amounts to much deeper than the usual rule of thumb for bulbs.

Another nice thing I like about these is that the foliage, which grows
pretty tall after the flowers go, is short lived, and wilts off pretty early
in the season so all I have to do is very easily tug off the old leaves,
leaving the area nice and tidy. Not so with daffs and tulips, right?

Bob Dickow