Re: OT: Spring (Chionanthus)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: Spring (Chionanthus)
  • From: dferguson@cabq.gov
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:13:02 -0700

I went straight to the photo without reading and thought "way early!".
Then I looked at who from and where.  A beautiful tree (shrub) that tends
to flower right about when the Bearded Iris do.  There's also Chionanthus
chinensis, but I like the American one better.  Never thought of it before,
but I think they could help set a great white backdrop and contrast in
texture for dark cultivars.  I first saw Chionanthus in bloom growing wild
in Virginia and North Carolina and thought "wow, I like that".

Dave

http://us.click.yahoo.com/rZll0B/4ftFAA/46VHAA/2gGylB/TM