A Newbie Says Hi !

  • Subject: [iris-photos] A Newbie Says Hi !
  • From: "old72coot" <jjnettles@comporium.net>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 17:55:03 -0000

Thanks so much for letting me join your group. My name is John
Nettles and I live in Rock Hill, S.C. I am on several other Yahoo
groups where I am more afftectionately known as "The Old Coot" or in
short hand  O.C.

I got interested in Iris as a youngster because my mother had so
many, she needed a young son's back to dig, divide. and replant
them. I too have some help, though not my son. He is my acroos the
street neighbor's teen-age son, who has become quite a gardner under
O.C.' tutoring.My son is he's 47 and has his own Iris beds to look
after. Most of his came from the same source as mine "Nanny-Nettles"
as she was known to her grandchildren. You never left her house in
the summer withoug a bunch of flowers of some kind or the other, AND
a bag of Tomatoe sandwhiches. TRADITION CARRIES OWN My three kids,
each grown, and with their own flower garden ALWAYS go home with a
new plant of some kind. My dear sweet loving wife Joy, the love of
my lifeand best friend, sees to it they have a bag of SOMETHING to
take home with THEM.

I have a large study, computer room with a big picture window. In
front of it I grow all kind of house plants to give away.

As for my Iris, I was sick for a couple of years (restored to good
health now, by the graces of the good Lord for whom I raise all my
flowers, gladly)) and never got to divide my bed. We finally did get
to do that last fall. Had enough bulbs and cultivers to increase my
bed size AND give all my neighbor all THEY wanted. If I can learn to
rezize my pictures properely (I'm new to digital photography) I plan
to show them to you later on. Have quite a few to show, I hope

Once again, thanks for letting me join you. I LOVE seeing pictures
of your own Iris. Keep posting.

The Old Coot   aka John Nettles

Yahoo! Groups Links