Re: wild & son irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] wild & son irises
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:10:04 -0800 (PST)

Karl; I would expect that rhizomes frome the Midwest will be smaller than rhizomes from the West coast. Here in Missouri we often have problems with West coast rhizomes unless we let them dry out and shrink under a tree in summer before planting. Missouri plants while smaller often perform as well or better than they appear because we have a tougher climate. I have not ordered from Wild's in years so I can not speak to what they presently are shipping. But if you go only by the size of what you recieve you may be mislead.

kpb9012@wmconnect.com wrote:
Wow that is all I can say. I never thought I hear so much about wild but all I like to say
is they have 32 irises for $64 that is $2 per iris and I think that is inexpensive. I have never ordered any iris from them and du not now the quality of the irises but I will find out. I will report back wen I receive my order witch also includes 18 peonies. They
have daylillys&hostas as well. I placed orders with schreiners,cooley;s,keppel,
superstition and holly lane gardens just to mention a few; at least I will have some comparison as far as quality goes.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links