Re: unknown historic purple: Mother's Flags

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: unknown historic purple: Mother's Flags
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:53:09 -0500

That is a lovely old timer, Pearl.  I think Christy would agree with me that it is right up to species level.  It has to be either a collected form or something in about the first generation away from one of the Asiatic tetraploids.
I was hoping you were going to be showing a photo of *kochii.*  It is one of the 44-chromosome sterile hybrids that got named a species name, then got booted off that shelf when its hybrid origin became apparent.  I haven't seen it in years and loved it.  What you *did* show was a delight and certainly did not diappoint.
Does anyone have a photo of kochii, by the way, or know of a source for it?
Neil Mogensen  z 7  western NC

Yahoo! Groups Links