Re: hairy seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] hairy seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:09:38 -0600

Hello Betsy,

Do the falls always curl?

I doubt it.  I thought it would open today and rushed home at lunch to see if had.  We are have wind above 20mph today, so I was afraid it would shred before I ever got a chance to see it.  That kind of wind sort of forces an unfolding bud to open faster than normal, so the curling is likely due to that.  Attached is a photo this afternoon and much of the curl is gone.  It will probably be smoothed out tomorrow if it's not completely in tatters.  The wind is supposed to run from 25-30mph the next four days, even worse that today.

Donald

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image