Re: hairy seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] hairy seedling
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:15:11 -0600

Hello Chris,

>This is obviously a 1/2 bred seedling,
> what is the parentage here ?

Sigh.  I knew someone would make me admit my careless habits.  Yes this
should be an OGB type AB.  It has an either/or pollen parent.  So, the cross
is RAMAYAN X either HEART STEALER or LUELLA DEE.  I have favored HS from the
start.  I also had another pod that is supposed to be LD.  Those were
slightly smaller as a group, but very similar in behavior.  So the pollen
parent is limited to two, but uncertain.

> I'd keep it just for the beard, how about crossing it back to SHEIK ?

Well, except there is nothing else blooming besides ZWANENBURG.  I do plan
to collect the pollen tonight and put it in the fridge and perhaps use it

Yahoo! Groups Links