CULT: Arilbred iris (was Re: AB: Bagdad's Folly)

  • Subject: CULT: Arilbred iris (was Re: [iris-photos] AB: Bagdad's Folly)
  • From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@brandonu.ca>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:16:19 -0600

Hi Margie and all,

That is a wonderful looking iris!

I have always been told that the arilbreds do not survive up here in the
frozen north (Canadian Prairies).  Someone said that 1/4 breds MAY survive
but I have never met anyone who has actually tried it in my area.  Does
anyone know the zone limit on these babies (full, half, one-quarter
breds)?  They are just wonderful looking.

I'm trying Japanese and Louisiana this year for the first time but won't be
leaving them outside for the winter.  My plant storage area is going to be
really full this fall.  :)

Thanks for any information.

BJ in SW MB, Canadian Prairies, CDN zone 2b, USDA 3

Yahoo! Groups Links