Re: Re: [SpaceAgeRobin] Reblooming Spaceage Luminata Seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: [SpaceAgeRobin] Reblooming Spaceage Luminata Seedling
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 10:33:57 EST

In a message dated 3/25/2004 7:03:32 PM Central Standard Time, jijones@usjoneses.com writes:

However, to deprecate a group by assigning
unsubstantiated motives is inappropriate.

You seem to have missed the point of the post. First it was offered as encouragement to John Reeds and his hybridizing efforts. Second it was intended to call attention of a perhaps a first in the iris community.... A reblooming, space age luminata!

Likely by missing the point you divert attention from an iris hybridizing result deserving of serious attention. Reeds tells me has a couple of more seedlings from this cross about ready to bloom. They offer opportunity to perhaps further understand luminata, space age, and rebloom _expression_ characteristics and may well offer others among us a shortened route to an end game objective. And of course, yes the seedling picture he posted is pretty. He will likely pick it to death. <laughin'>

While over time some of my views as they relate to AIS policy have changed and continue to perhaps modestly do so, my perception of the results of their continuing pursuit has changed little. The principles that govern my views have changed not at all.

Your recognition that AIS policy may be flawed and deserving of improvement are enlightend and appreciated first steps. Your assertion my comment denigrated people and assigned unsubstantiated motive is patently erroneous. My argument is with process, policy, attitudes, and result..... not people. People I appreciate even more than irises.

I will likely avail myself of the opportunity you offer to enunciate some of the cause and effect relationships that result in our continuing decline and failures to achieve effective market penetration of the gardening community and the more efficient techniques and policy needs we might avail ourselves of to reverse these failures.

Necessarily and as you probably already understand, clear enunciation of cause and effect relationships in a way they may be understood without deep thought is a difficult but not impossible process... I will attempt such an effort soon. At this point, I find the paragraph words with which you take obvious offense harsh but largely defensible and the principles to which they allude eminently so.

Smiles from a world where shuck and jive collides with pseudo intellectualism and people, irises, and acquisition of knowledge revered.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Links