Re: Guest Bed Visitors/cleanin'

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Guest Bed Visitors/cleanin'
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 22:03:16 EST

In a message dated 3/27/2004 9:21:44 AM Central Standard Time, neilm@charter.net writes:

Who can resist them?

You are so right!..... with biscuits and poodle gravy, battered and slow fried......and with some of Fat Patsy's buttermilk biscuits...Ummmm! Course I now have to cut the back in half. I don't like to fight with Patsy. She is hard to whup. When I cut the back in half she still gets the biggest half..... that women is show nuff hard to whup!

Before I met Patsy and got completely wore out, I could just run rabbits down. Then when we was a datin' and sneakin' round we would walk the scraggly pastures at night. She was not very fast. She would hold the light. I would shoot 'em. She wasn't much good at light holdin' either. Ever time I pulled the trigger, she jumped, hollered Oooh!, and let the light move.

Sometimes, we'd spend half hour lookin' in the wrong direction fer one of them rabbits, lookin' round wherever the light wound up pointin'. On a couple we never found 'em. This was in the days when I was too macho to admit havin' any flaws at all nor believed I had any either. So I was pretty sure, at least in my mind back then, I did not miss any of 'em. It was also in a day when only the most inept beholder of beauty would have referred to Patsy as fat or even pudgy ... she was a lean mean fightin' machine, 'cept she didn't fight in them days.... Some stuff lasts in the minds of men forever- pretty girls and pretty flowers never go away. Some points men are partial to evaluatin' do change some. Always though pretty is easy to find no matter how often you look. But, you do still hafta' look.

After a soul calmin' day or two, a friend commentin' to me on the subject of burrs in an email, some of that introspection stuff I read about one time in a book, and thinkin' some more, it occurs to me that while right does not change and thinkin' is an obligation us humans have, so is lookin' for pretty. Takin' it all a bit further, you gotta' think, you gotta' act, you gotta' fill each needs, you gotta' pull toward a common goal of benifits, you gotta' earn respect,  and you gotta' treat each other equal. There is not a boss as such.

For folks that may not know, rabbits when you clean 'em are bout the worst smellin' thing this side of one of those fancy two hole out houses. Still, someone must clean the rabbits.

Long as I've tried, and I still ain't quit, Patsy has never cleaned a rabbit. My job is to clean the rabbit when Patsy tells me to.

The Board's job is to clean the rabbit when we tell them too. Rabbit cleanin' is hard work and it ain't easy on anyone with a weak stomach. But, they still gotta' clean the rabbit.

Bill Burleson

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here