RE:HIST:Swerti vs. Swertii & a bit on plicata origins

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE:HIST:Swerti vs. Swertii & a bit on plicata origins
  • From: thomas silvers tesilvers@yahoo.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:37:32 -0800 (PST)

Chuck wrote: ...Can you share any information on your
variegata X suaveolens cross...

I'll cross post this to Iris Photos and attach a JPEG
showing the parents and F1 seedling. I had quite a few
seeds but, it was the only seedling of its kind that
survived that dismal indoor season of germinations. I
plan on repeating an analogous cross as soon as I have
Iris suaveolens again.

As I mentioned it is very fertile. I've got many
seedlings from crosses in both directions (as pod and
as pollen parent) mostly with MTB's and other diploid
species. I've only seen one of these bloom so far; and
I'm not expecting to see much this season either,
because I'll be moving everything 30 miles west.

Iris City Gardens will probably be carrying 'Clown
Pants' in 2006. But I'll keep you posted on the flower
color of any of my species cross seedlings and their descendants.

Do You Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Links