RE: [iris] Re: HYB: getting ready - waterproof paper

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE: [iris] Re: HYB: getting ready - waterproof paper
  • From: "Char Holte" cholte@wi.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:51:45 -0600

Hi,
I purchased a brother printer; it is specifically a 'P-touch Pro XL' from
Image Supply at imagesupply.com or 800-748-6535.  This hooks up to my
computer via a USB port and I only hook it up when I am going to print this
type of labels.

Pricy but the labels live for minimum10 years.

The rolls of tape cost around $14 a roll and you get as many labels as the
roll allows and the length you want.  Mine are 3 1/2 inches long and I get
around 100 per roll.  So the investment is a little big but the out come is
well worth it.

Each roll of tape is three layers, the backing and then the glue (sticky
backing) the layer that is printed on and an ultraviolet layer.  You get a
special tool to take the backing off.  Looks like a needle and you thread
the tape into it and draw the tape against it, like you would curl a ribbon
for gift warping.

The advantage is you can read the label if you take a picture of it with
your digital camera after you take a picture of your Iris.  The picture of
the Iris then can be identified.  You can rename the picture file, or put
the name of the Iris into the picture or both.

Contact me off line for a picture of one of my markers.
cholte@wi.rr.com

Char