Re: Re: RE: retic pics

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: Re: [iris-photos] RE: retic pics
  • From: willwarner@alltel.net
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 22:22:31 -0600

Go here: www.reticulatas.com
  If you like reticulata's, you'll like it alot.
I plan to order some of his seedlings.
Still trying to figure out the threadlike standards on some,
Danfordae influence, I assume.
Will W.

Yahoo! Groups Links

At 09:31 PM 3/4/2005, you wrote:
    You are correct in identifying I. reticulata 'Harmony.'  I have 3 other varieties of reticulata in bloom here plus I. danfordiae.  Yep, spring is making an attempt.
Elm in Washington State

Which other varieties? I'm addicted to these iris -- each year I add more to the bed where they do best -- but has anyone been breeding them recently?  All the varieties I've heard of seem to have been around for a while.

Also, can someone identify the different plum -purple -violet cultivars?  The one in Will's first picture, plum with a signal that's pure white without yellow, opens first for me too. Which drives me nuts because it's almost invisible from a distance against dark soil -- I suppose the solution to that is snowdrops and I. danfordiae.  But there's also a plum with a white-and-yellow signal, like the next picture, and a true violet that blooms at the end of the I. reticulata season.  I've heard names for all of them but can't keep them sorted out.