  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] DAUGHTER OF STARS
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:51:36 EST

In a message dated 3/8/2005 2:27:12 PM Central Standard Time, irisdude@msn.com writes:

Opened today, this is Daughter Of Stars (Spoon 2001) Clarence X Mind Reader

A stalk of this iris made it to the table of a restaruant in which OSIS met prior to a garden tour last spring. It blew everyone present away. OSIS members were awed, restaruant patrons were awed, watresses were awed, and it brought a cook out of the kitchen.

The bloom was huge! I begged a rhizome. A small rhizome of which I was proud.

Sure would like to use your photo. I fear my rhizome is planted in too much shade and I will not get bloom this year.

As good as your photo is, it cannot convey the beauty or size of this flowers bloom. Branching was excellent on the restaruant stalk. I would think you have made a good hybridizing choice and will be disappointed if you find out otherwise.

Congratulations to you and those Spoon folks.

Bill Burleson

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=651514830