TB Gladys Austin, not BB Brown Lasso

  • Subject: [iris-photos] TB Gladys Austin, not BB Brown Lasso
  • From: "andi" andinsky@hotmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:36:47 -0000

I have bad news, and some good news.

First the bad news: My iris is not Brown Lasso

The great news: It seems to be an offspring of Brown Lasso called
Gladys Austin, a TB Rebloomer

Take a look here:
Gladys Austin: (M. Osborne 1985) M 37" This color combination is very
unique. The dark yellow standards are erect over lavender-violet
falls. The falls also have a brown edge on the petals with antique
gold beards. Parentage: Battle Star X Brown Lasso

Or the following description here (no picture though):
Brilliant flower with yellow-gold standards and amethyst-purple falls
rimmed in brown. Amethyst beards end in little horns.

Unless there's something else that I missed (please give feedback on
this) I believe Gladys Austin is the correct ID.

Yahoo! Groups Links