AIS: The Bulletin Needs Assistance

  • Subject: [iris-photos] AIS: The Bulletin Needs Assistance
  • From: John I Jones jijones@usjoneses.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 22:21:59 -0800

Forwarded from Bruce Filardi - Editor of the AIS Bulletin:

The April issue of the Bulletin is scheduled to go into the mail on
Thursday, March 24th.  Articles include one by Paul Black on
hybridizing for hardy plicatas, an article about the late Lloyd
Zurbrigg by Clarence Mahan, a short report on successful borer control
by John Baker, a report on the '04 Median Convention by Char Holte, and
more.  And of course lots of color ads of new intros from some of the
best hybridizers.  Hope you enjoy it!

My reason for writing is to ask for volunteers who will be going to
National this year in Saint Louis, and who would be interested in doing
a garden review for the Bulletin.  I'm not on iris-hort at present, so
if you're willing to do one of those articles and have good writing
skills and good photographic skills, please contact me directly at
bfilardi@comcast.net

Thanks!
Bruce

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)