Re: RE: HYB: Maiden Bloom (another)

  • Subject: Re: RE:[PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: Maiden Bloom (another)
  • From: "Patrick Orr" irisdude@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:35:50 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 18:35:50 -0700

I know Neil, not much distinction in this one, and the form will probably be better tomorrow morning than today right after it opened.  Yes, you are correct with the luminata and plicata markings, as it is such on most of the siblings of this cross.  I think it is a pretty combination, and across the garden it is stunning.  The branching and bud count on this one are good too. It is definitely something I want to keep for further evaluation, for even if it never makes introduction, it may end up as something I want to work with.  The thing I like the best about it is the beard color, which is different from all the others that have bloomed thus far.
Thanks for the kind words.  It has been fun to watch these guys open up.