RE: [iris-photos] HYB:  TB:  Pink Seedlings

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB:  TB:  Pink Seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:04:41 -0700

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

-----Original Message-----
From: arilbredbreeder@cs.com [mailto:arilbredbreeder@cs.com]
Sent:
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:50 AM
To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Thank you for the explanation, Sharon.  I’m at an age where I should know a lot of things that I don’t, but I’m still learning.  Unfortunately, I see no good characteristics in that blue

Francelle

Most pinks show that color because they have the inhibitor that blocks expression of the red-violet to blue-violet pigments.  It takes only one dose.  So when two pinks are crossed, the inhibitor may or may not be passed along to a given seedling.  If your two-tone blue were otherwise outstanding -- think substance, form, bud count, growth habits, etc. -- it could be a valuable parent in your quest for pinks.  All it would take is pairing it with a good pink that does carry the inhibitor.

Sharon McAllister

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2593423/rand=604874734