Re: Re African iris

  • Subject: Re: Re African iris
  • From: Robt R Pries <rpries@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:17:07 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Rodney; i had not been aware of a yellow brown
Neomarica, but one never knows. There seems to be a
lot of moving around plants named Trimezia out of and
now back into the genus. I am not sure I could get the
taxonomy straight at this point without a lot of
research. i have thought of trying to put together an
Irid checklist but I have too many projects hanging at
the moment. Thanks for helping with the
identification. It seems that there are many commonly
used names that can be misleading or wrong. Certainly
anyone should be forgiven being confused.

--- Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu> wrote:

> Bob,
> This is the plant that I believe is usually referred
> to as the yellow-brown
> Neomarica. It's a Trimezia, possibly fosteriana.
> Rodney
> Bob said:
> > Dietes is larger and does not do this. I would
> love to
> > see a picture of the yellow-brown Neomarica.
> Several
> > years ago there were some Dietes hybrids shown in
> > SIGNA. Some were quite striking and stirred my
> plant
> > lust. But at the time I had so many houseplants I
> > could not think of any more.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Top Scientist