My First Seedling

G'day Friends,
My very first tb iris seedling bloomed for me today.
I planted out these seedlings during the first week of November 2007, and wasn't expecting to see a bloom until spring 2008.
Imagine my surprise when I noticed three bloom spikes coming up about two weeks ago! I've been watching them daily, seeing the colors start to show and imagine what the final result would be.
The cross is King Tush x Jurassic Park.
The cross was done with the hope of a broken color pattern ala Brad Kasparek, but I really like the colors and haft markings. It will be interesting to see how it develops.
Mark - NSW - Australia.

JPEG image

JPEG image