TB Photo: Yahoo Ads

  • Subject: TB Photo: Yahoo Ads
  • From: John I Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:19:42 -0800

I looked at several of Margie's recent posts, specifically Polish Princess and Scarlet Butterfly.

On my system the Yahoo ads impinged more on the picture of Scarlet Butterfly then on Polish Princess. I downloaded both pictures and examined them in Photoshop. They were of different sizes. Polish Princess was 7.3 inches wide and Scarlet Butterfly was 8.3 inches wide (at 72 dpi).

It appears that Yahoo allows a space of about 6 7/8 inches wide for pictures. Anything wider than that will have the right edge overlaid by their ads.

Just a guess, but when you are formatting pictures you can avoid the problem by making sure they are not too wide.