HBY: pink seedling

  • Subject: HBY: pink seedling
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:30:04 -0700

Hello, Everyone,

This is another picture of the same seedling I posted last week. I thought
I would have sibling and half sibling pictures today, but our nights are
still chilly, so the buds are slow to open. At least some of them are
protected from the birds now.

So far I am pleased with this one. Stalk has two branches, spur and
terminal. The blossom gets fuller, lacier and more delicate looking as it
ages, but it is far from delicate. Each blossom has lasted almost four
days. Best of all, it is highly fragrant. A windstorm, with the help of
the tomato cage and bird net, knocked off the top blossom last Sunday. I
brought it in the house, and it perfumed the whole family room. I had my
grand daughters in the garden to admire one of the blossoms, fenced off by a
better bird net now, and they remarked how good it smelled. I am surprised.
I grow both its parents and grandparents and have never noticed any of them
to be particularly fragrant.

I know by Monday I will have more seedling pictures. I sympathize with
those of you who are still suffering winter blizzards. You can sympathize
with me next summer when I am trying to keep irises from burning up in 115
degree heat.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9

Binary data