RE: Re: Naming seedlings (Was broken color SDB)

  • Subject: RE: Re: Naming seedlings (Was broken color SDB)
  • From: "Francelle" <fjmjedwards@qwest.net>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:52:53 -0700

I disagree with you about names, Griff. Perhaps because I'm also a writer,
I have dozens of names. I write down pages full of them. Sometimes a
seedling will suggest its own name. My Flight of Fairies is one.

My hardest thing to accomplish in hybridizing is good stalks and bud count.
Most of the early irises, even those noted for generous bud counts, only
produce four to six buds in my garden. This spring the stalks are all
growing extremely tall and skinny.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9