Re: TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross

  • Subject: Re: TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:08:15 -0400

This provides an example of what I was saying about these crosses.
They often produce some solid coloured seedlings. These solids will
produce a high percentage of plicatas when crossed to plicatas. Enough
to know that it has four sets of plicat genes.

Chuck Chapman

TB: Genetics: Plicata X Luminata cross

Posted by: "Francelle"

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:16 am (PDT)

Last year about a dozen seedlings bloomed in my garden from
a cross of

Lovely Dawn (plicata) X Lip Service (luminata). I got some quite

interesting results. 72-73 A was a lavender self with no visible

markings. 72-73 D had some very faint lines on its falls. 72-73 H was

luminata. It was the prettiest of the bunch and also the weakest. I

to keep it, but it died. 72-73 J was a luminata-plicata, I believe, as

all the rest. There were no pure plicatas. 72-73 J is the only one

still exists. I have three healthy clumps of it and look forward to

it bloom again.

Francelle Edwards Glendale, AZ Zone 9