Re: Re: ADMIN:PHOTO Milette is stealing again .

  • Subject: Re: Re: ADMIN:PHOTO Milette is stealing again .
  • From: Anita Moran <avmoran1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:33:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Brock,

I love sharing my photos with any and all who ask.  I believe most on this site feel the same way.  For those of us doing web sites, and newsletters within the AIS and assorted associations, this group and the archives is a wonderful resource.  However I try as hard as I can to get permission from those who are the photographer.

I do not know Mr Milette, nor as far as I know, are my pictures part of the problem.  Having said this I would not care if the picture were for informational purposed only but having been to the site I can see he has put a price on them.  That is truly sad when we would share our photos for free.  That is why this list is so wonderful.  We have a venue to release pictures of our seedling and registered cultivars to see differences of our favorites in varying growing conditions.  How special is that?  That my friend is knowledge, a wonderful thing to possess.  I love to see how others do thing and how their efforts pay off.

I would be truly saddened if people stopped posting pictures for fear of piracy.  That would be a very large loss to the iris world.  That John has the ability to ban someone is a safety to hopefully prevent loss of this wonderful resource.  People need to feel safe and I believe that there has been a loss of that thanks to Mr. Milette.

Thanks to John perhaps much of that has been restored.

HAve a wonderful spring

Anita Moran
Pilmore Gardens