Varigated Seedlings

  • Subject: Varigated Seedlings
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:17:34 +0000 (UTC)

I have attached a photo of one of my 2008 crosses which was betweeen a seedling which I haven't done anything with 98-23 (Champagne Elegance x Satan's Mistress) which does rebloom.

X Ozark Rebounder (which is also a rebloomer).

No photo's of the children to share obviously but the reason for the posting is out of the 200 plus seedlings currently germinating 3% are variegated.  I rarely get one seedling to germinate with variegated foliage let alone 6 in one cross.

If anyone has statistics on the percentage of variegation coming from within a cross I would be interested.

Thanks,

Bob in Denver

PS - It is finally snowing in Denver after a very dry winter!  Yeah, some badly needed moisture even if it is in the form of snow.