Re: Re: New seedlings blooming today
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: Re: New seedlings blooming today
  • From: "Michael Sutton" <orders@suttoniris.com>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 09:21:08 -0800

thanks Linda,
sorry about all the snow....we are getting tons of (much needed) rain this year and it is much cooler then usual so things are behind for us.  attached is Mtn. Sunrise and Fall Enterprise...just out of curiosity does anyone on this list have either or both of these iris?
Mike Sutton

And all we get is new snow falling today - at least the reticulatas are
starting to open.

You are getting lots of gorgeous (to me) patterns now, Mike. Good job.
Do you happen to have photos of parents of both you could post?
Rather than ask for an explanation of the genetics involved...

<couple of interesting (to me) seedlings blooming right now. both sent
up stalks last Oct. that were frozen out. these show some cold damage
but were still able to open OK. Nice breeding additions to our
reblooming stock, i can see some potential in both.

first one is out Mtn. Sunrise lines, second is out of Fall Enterprise
lines.>

Linda Mann
east TN

JPEG image