Re: OT: weather or not
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: OT: weather or not
  • From: "Brock Heilman" <brockheilman@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:07:56 -0000

I am sorry to hear about your hardships. I have a friend on a draft horse forum in VA that had several feet of snow and lost their power too. Their power was out for days before a neighbor was able to loan them a generator. It was 45° in their home and they had to carry water for their horses in buckets (keep in mind each can drink 50 gallons a day in the heat of summer). She said by the fourth day when she got to the barn she just sat on the floor and cried. It's been a rough winter for a lot of people.

The snow's melting (if only temporarily), the robins are back, and the daffodils against the house are about 1" tall here. I'm hoping by the end of the week I'll be able to find my irises. Spring's coming.

Brock