Re: Re: OT: weather or not
  • Subject: Re: Re: OT: weather or not
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:59:54 -0500

Although Linda M and I are both in Region 7, our conditions are quite different.  Being in south central KY, I'm in zone 6.  I'm a short distance from Nashville, yet the weather is often quite different.
We're having a warm week here, but overall winter has been colder than in recent years.  If the temperatures stay warm for a couple more weeks, we can still have an early spring.  It would set us up for another spring like 2007, so, I'm hoping for cold weather.
When I uncovered my seedlings a few days ago, I found several crosses with seedlings already an inch tall!  It took me by surprise.  The sprouts were in the SDBs, a new breeding program, and I didn't expect such early germination.  One TB cross has begun to sprout, but that's all.
Betty Wilkerson
SouthCentral KY Zone 6