TB: Original Cast (T. Johnson, 2007)
  • Subject: TB: Original Cast (T. Johnson, 2007)
  • From: Cordesview <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:19:12 -0400

Well, since I check the archives (most of the time, anyway!) before I post a photo to make sure that there aren't a TON of photos of that one variety, why not show you all the actual flower of ORIGINAL CAST?

had several pods take on it, pollen parents: LACY HAGOOD (a hardy pink TB bred here in MI by a local hybridizer), BACHELOR PARTY, and RIO.

Working toward cold-hardier, more rot-resistant, vigorous pinks for the North. (OR other cold/wet areas with dreary winters!)

ENJOY!! The description makes me really want to eat the flower! Must be that I'm hungry . . .. come to think of it, I haven't had breakfast yet.... ;-) Regarding the fragrance, in my humble opinion, TROPICAL PASSION smells 10 times better. But this one IS nice, for those of you who like fragrant iris.

Oh, one more thing . . . . I was going to apologize that the photo was taken under a Japanese style globe-salix, making it kinda dark, but it really made the greenish texture veins stand out in the falls. Kinda cool .. . . except you can't see the pink in the midribs of the standards. OH well!

PS> My wife's feet and one hand are in the background . ... :-)

(Thomas Johnson, R. 2007) Sdlg. Tu62C. TB, 35" (89 cm), ML
S. pastel buttery-tan, centers infused soft tan-pink, ruffled, lightly laced; F. smooth pale buttery-peach blending to white in center, overlaid with greenish texture veins; beards melon coral; pronounced fragrance. Fogbound X Heaven. Mid-America 2007.

JPEG image

Original Cast